Ha’Tzofim we believe wholeheartedly in the safety and security of our participants and leaders. Both leaders (Madrichim), staff and volunteers at Ha’Tzofim have undergone extensive leadership and safeguarding children training courses, and are re-trained at least twice a year. All employees and volunteers at Ha’Tzofim have Working with Children Checks, and comply with all the necessary child safe standards.
As an affiliate of the Australasian Zionist Youth Council (AZYC) we abide by the AZYC Rights of the Chanichim.
AZYC Rights of the Chanichim:
The AZYC and its affiliate movements believe that children who come to youth movement activities, camps and seminars should:
- Feel comfortable;
- Be safe;
- Feel safe;
- Have a right to contact your parents or others if you feel unsafe, uncomfortable ordistressed at any time during an activity, event or program;
- Activities, events or programs that we provide for you are to be suitable for your ageand development, and taken by appropriately qualified staff;
- To be able to share your opinions in a safe and supportive environment;
- Be provided with clear directions and given an opportunity to redirect your behaviourin a positive manner if staff believe that you have broken program rules and/ormisbehaved;
- NOT be subject to disciplinary action involving physical punishment, or any form oftreatment that could reasonably be considered degrading, cruel, frightening orhumiliating; and
- Contribute suggestions and feedback on an activity, event or program in which youhave participated.
Ha’Tzofim is deeply committed to maintaining rigorous child safety standards. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to be in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org